
Not much to report on the mobile side as I haven't been doing much driving this weekend, but I did work J5C Bubaque Island (AF-020) on 17 meters. Signal at this end was 55, but as I type this it sounds like conditions are improving somewhat. Probably not too exciting for the big DX'ers but any DX that I manage to have time to work is a plus in my log!
1 comment:
Bob, W1CTC is back on ATV after fixing all his lightning damage and racking up his stuff. Packet is in a downward spiral. W1HAD has gone deaf and WA2PNU, which was my last forwarding partner, has been off the air since before Christmas. There are no active messages on my board and I can't establish forwarding with any new partners because the RF links are unreliable at this point. I still need to finish hooking up my vertical so I can get on 20 meters. I've done some fiddling with the audio on my ICOM 745. I think I've gotten the best audio you can out of something that's limited to 3 khz. More later.
Jerry WA2FNQ
Post a Comment