Sunday, April 27, 2008

Zero Five Vertical Antenna 10-80 Meters


I recently installed a Zero Five vertical antenna at my qth. I have wanted to experiment with a vertical for quite a few years, particularly as my inverted vee does not hear DX all that well, along with the fact I don't have room for a full size 80 meter dipole in the yard. The Zero Five is well constructed an easily put together and cost wise falls in the middle of the pack of verticals. This antenna does require radials, and laying them down is quite time consuming. I have been trying to get 1 to 2 installed a day, and as I'm installing the radials I have checked the received signal level between the Inverted Vee and the Vertical. As of this writing, WWV at 10mhz consistently comes in 2S units higher on the vertical than the inverted Vee. Since I'm still in the installation phase I have not made any contacts yet, but hope to do so before heading to Hamvention in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Google